how to adjust air compressor pressure switch
1. Turn off the main power switch to your air compressor. Wait for all of the air inside the compressor's tank to empty.
2. Locate the air compressor pressure switch. It should be mounted near the top of the air compressor.
3. Unscrew the cover of the pressure switch and locate the two pressure adjustment screws.
4. Turn the upper pressure adjustment screw clockwise to increase the pressure setting and turn it counterclockwise to decrease the pressure setting.
5. Adjust the lower pressure adjustment screw in the same way to set the "off" pressure setting. For most standard shop air compressors, the upper pressure setting should be set to around 100 PSI and the lower pressure setting should be around 85 PSI.
6. Replace the cover of the pressure switch and turn the main power switch back on. Your air compressor should now be adjusted with the correct air pressure settings.